Glutaraldahyde activation?

From: Keith Gerling ^lt;Keith@GumPhoto.com>
Date: 09/29/05-03:25:51 PM Z

I finally found an on-line source for glutaraldehyde (that didn't require a
$50 hazmat fee) and it arrived today. It is the 2.5% Maxicide disinfectant
from the Henry Schein corporation. I have a quart bottle here, with
directions to activate by mixing in a small bottle of "activator plus". I
then will have a 28-day solution, the implication being that this will no
longer work after this time.

The quart bottle contains:
2.5% Glutaraldehyde
97.5% inert ingredients
and some Sodium Nitrite as a corrosion inhibitor

The contents of the activator is not identified.

Does anyone know how I should go about using this? Should I just activate a
portion as needed, or is the activator even necessary if this is to be used
as a gelatin hardener?

Thanks

Keith