road show

From: Barry Kleider ^lt;bkleider@sihope.com>
Date: 09/30/05-10:14:19 AM Z

Greetings listers!

I'm going to be doing some shooting in southern New Mexico at the end of
next month.

I'll be flying in and bringing a (relatively) small kit containing
Hasselblad body
three lenses
hand-held flash units
tripod
misc goodies

I have a couple questions:

1.) any recommendations for not-to-be-missed places (in an effort to cut
down on the traffic, email me off list at bkleider@sihope.com and I'll
compile the suggestions. Including GPS locater info if you have it.)

2.) Suggestions for how to carry/protect gear in transit. (I'm thinking
about airport security, etc. these days.)

It goes without saying (doesn't it?) that I'll:
a.) use a lead bag for film and have it all hand-checked.
b.) murder anyone who suggests I stow my gear with the rest of the
checked bags
c.) get to the airport more than ten minutes before the plane takes off.

I'm thinking of buying a pistol carrying case and cutting out the foam
to match my kit as these are a bit cheaper (and just as waterproof) as
Pelican cases.

How do you get your gear around these days?

Barry