Is PVA a 'Gum' ?

From: TERRYAKING@aol.com
Date: 04/02/06-02:50:32 AM Z

Katherine has suggested that the PVA we use as a medium for making gum prints
is not a gum.

Twenty years ago, people of a pedantic turn of mind were insisting that I was
making polyvinyl alcohol prints and not gum prints.

The reality is that PVA was developed after gum was defined as a colloidal
substance of plant origin which dissolve or wells in water.

Now, lexicographers, being pragmatic chaps, have added to the definition:

'any substance with similar qualities'.

Terry.

Nullius in verba  (Take no man's word for it).