Re: gloy for tricolor on yupo? (revision)

From: TERRYAKING@aol.com
Date: 04/04/06-01:46:35 AM Z

 Nearly all of the information relevant to this detailed correspondence can
be found after a five minutes trawl on Google

What is perhaps significant is that, contrary to what has been suggested
here, those with everyday experience quite happily refer to PVA as a gum, and
specific gravity is a factor in the expression of viscocity even in industrial
measuring devices, These are but two examples that lead one to question the
authority or the point of this correspondence..

We also learn that gum arabic has a heavier molecular weight than PVA . In
practic the two materials behave in much the same way for our purposes, One
can buy PVAs with a wider range of molecular weights than has been suggested
here and so on.

We were told that one should choose aq PVA which corrsponds best to 14 Baume.
In fact one can vary the specific gravity ( Baume is a scale of specific
gravities of heavy liqids) by varying the amount of water..

So what is the purpose of the correspondence here ?   In what way does it
further our objective of making gum prints ?

Terry