Impressionist Camera: Pictorial Photography in Europe, 1888-1918

From: Keith Gerling ^lt;Keith@GumPhoto.com>
Date: 04/04/06-10:20:21 AM Z

I found this show at the St. Louis Art Museum to be truly amazing in quality
and breadth. Organized in collaboration with Musee de Beaux-Arts in Rennes,
the St. Louis presentation features 140 works. Amazing stuff. Check it out
if you can: http://www.stlouis.art.museum/index.aspx?id=196

The catalog is pretty awesome, as well:
http://www.stlouis.art.museum/index.aspx?id=198 All of the reproductions
are printed in full color - 352 pages with a different person authoring each
of the 15 chapters. I haven't read it all but with its extensive footnoting
and bibliography it certainly resembles a textbook more than your typical
museum catalog.

Keith