RE: Fish glue for gum prints?

From: Keith Gerling ^lt;Keith@GumPhoto.com>
Date: 04/05/06-10:23:26 AM Z

John,

Fish glue works. I have used it to print on slick surfaces because the
"gluey" nature did adhere better (unlike gloy and PVA which have been
referenced of late as potentially having similar properties.) But the same
"gluiness" was problematic in the development process, as it tended to frill
around the edges of the print and around any highlight portions of the
print. It just did not work well in lighter areas. I have to admit,
though, that I really enjoyed some of the 'accidents" that I got when half
of the print would float away revealing layers beneath. I can send you
examples if you are interested.

Keith

PS. It kind of stinks, though. Especially if you don't change your water
regularly!