Changing Printers

From: ericawd ^lt;ericawd@memworld.com>
Date: 04/05/06-04:04:04 PM Z

I just purchased a Epson 1280 printer to replace the Epson 1200 that finally died. I have been successfully producing digital negatives for gum using the settings: Ink Jet Back Light Film and Black Ink. On the advanced settings: Photo-1440dpi and Error Diffusion. I print on Pictorico.

Does anyone know what settings on the 1280 software might correspond to what I have been using? Pictorico is fairly expensive and I would rather not use any more than necessary converting to the new printer. I assume the "Best Photo" is the highest resolution. Also under the "Gamma(D)" settings help says 1.8 is "normal" and to select 1.5 "to print with the same contrast values as earlier Epson ink jet printers".

I really don't want to hunt and peck around re-inventing the wheel.

Thank you for any help provided,

Candace Spearman