Re: REPOST: Alternative gum preservatives: tea tree, eucalyptus oils

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@montana.net>
Date: 04/06/06-06:07:58 PM Z

I don't think anyone has tried these, Paul, so why don't you be the first?
At least, that is why i never answered the post.

Try a drop of tea tree oil in a tablespoon of gum and see if the gum layer
brushes out oily or whatever. If it does, it'll fish eye on you, where it
breaks apart into spots. That way, if the stuff is unsuitable, you will
only waste a tablespoon of gum.

If, in fact, tea tree oil is suitable, that'd be sooo great because it would
be easy to get at the health food store I would imagine.

But thymol works great.
Chris