RE: bronzing in pt/pd

From: Eric Neilsen ^lt;e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net>
Date: 04/06/06-11:20:38 PM Z

Chris, Did any one else have the bronzing/solarization? How are you drying
your coated paper? Are you adding humidity after drying?

Some may confuse bronzing with "burned areas" as well. If you are using only
palladium, and the only form of platinum is your contrast agent, make sure
your students are not over drying their paper or getting it too hot. I have
not run the test on Cesium for bronzing as my first mix of it still sit
largely unused on my darkroom shelf. I haven't seen B&S's listing for LI PD
but recall that the formula in TNPP were off as compared to other palladium
mixes. Also as a starting point, I try and make sure beginners understand
that it is the Ferric and the metal salts that need to be balanced 50/50 (
or for advanced close to that ) and let the total volume needed be paper and
print size dependant.

Why 6/6/1 ? all previous work was 4x5 and then you let them go big?

Eric Neilsen Photography

4101 Commerce Street

Suite 9

Dallas, TX 75226