untitled

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 04/07/06-01:19:50 AM Z

I went to the opening of a show in which one of my print is
included. There were 95 pieces total, all photographs of various
material. The average age of this show is by far the lowest in ALL
group shows I've been selected. (Usually, I'm the youngest or the
second youngest. This, I felt the opposite.)

You know what, of the 95, 21 were untitled.

This mildly bothers me. I tend to think leaving work untitled is like
abandoning the right to put a string of words for whatever purpose you
wish, but more than 1 out of 5 people apparently didn't think so.

Not in relation to this particular show, but the curator of this place
once said in public "untitled is ok as long as you know which one we
are talking about when we call you with the jury results."