tintera portrait prints from the 1920s

From: savitrika@sify.com
Date: 04/12/06-05:00:17 AM Z

Hello

I am sorry that this is really not an alt. photo question, but I am thankful for any positive leads I can get on 'tintera color prints' from the early 1920's

recently, I uncovered a couple of color pictures, which on closer inspection, revealed to be actual photographic prints with life like color on them (Unlike hand colored prints). On removing the backing board, I was surprised to see the name 'Tintera Made in the U.S.A.' This speaks of a photographic trade route between Madras and the U.S. in the earlyu 20th century.

I would be grateful for any information on identification, restoration and conservation of these color images. I am supposing that some of you may possibly have these ovaloid color pictures from that era in your collection. The front glass is curved convex and the images are remarkably well preserved.

thank you.

all good wishes
karthik v