Re: Gum hardening: top down experiment ( pointlessness)

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@CLEMSON.EDU>
Date: 04/13/06-07:20:28 AM Z

>There was some quite strong disagreement among those questioning
>these tests.. We do not qualify as a band of angels singing from the
>same hymn sheet. What I do wish though is that we could avoid these
>tests whose purpose seems to be the equivalent of the schoolmen
>argiung how many angels could dance on the head of a pin (not an
>oib). It was a waste of time in the 13C and it is waste of time now.
>
>Terry

Terry,

Why the "I do wish though is that we could avoid these tests"
lament? There is absolutely nothing keeping you from avoiding them.
If you think the tests are a waste of time, stay away from them. But
if others believe something useful might come of them, who are you
to pontificate about how they should be spending their time, or
suggest that it is a "waste of time." That is a fairly arrogant
attitude in my book. As far as I know there is no Academie des
gommistes to dictate how we use the sticky sap. If there were you
would be brought up on charges for using that kid's glue/gloy stuff
instead of *real* gum.

I think it is well and good that people have been getting good
results for the past 150 years making gum prints the traditional way,
but a but of curiosity about other ways should hardly pose a threat
to the establishment.

Sandy