Re: Pointless discussion?

From: Yves Gauvreau ^lt;gauvreau-yves@sympatico.ca>
Date: 04/13/06-05:07:38 PM Z

Katharine,

I don't want to speak about Terry's message and I surely don't want anyone
to think that's what I'm doing here, hope that's settle matter.

One relatively important question I have about using transparencies is this,
how long they last? And I want to say I like the idea of doing prints from
the back like that, it's not the method I'm concerned with it's the material
used. The limited knowledge I have of them is that they are in general quite
succeptible to UV and degrade relatively fast in poor conditions. I saw a
few times that pigments on paper can last as long as a few centuries, if my
information is exact these transparencies would be dust by the first century
and probably useless in about 10 to 25 years, yellowing, lost of
transparency and even physical deformation. Nothing I would like better then
be wrong on this one.

Regards
Yves