archival transparencies was Re: Pointless discussion?

From: Yves Gauvreau ^lt;gauvreau-yves@sympatico.ca>
Date: 04/13/06-05:54:12 PM Z

Sandy,

I'm sorry, I should have mentioned it, my limited knowledge is empirical and
come mostly from polyvinyls and others that I don't the family of. Below you
mention the material tested is white polyester and I don't question these
number, I'll just add my limited experience with clear material seems to
show clear materials are more difficult to stabilize or something like that
but I don't know why.

Additionaly, practically most (many) "plastic" are succeptible to heat and a
fine print under glass can be even more at risk because of "effet de serre".
Sorry for the french I have no idea how to translate this one, maybe someone
can help me here.

Does Wilhelm's provide any data for the type of transparencies used in the
experiments mentioned here. (Marek, Katherine and others)

Regards
Yves