RE: Gum hardening: top down experiment

From: Dave Soemarko ^lt;fotodave@dsoemarko.us>
Date: 04/14/06-11:24:41 AM Z

I think this is because the emulsion is thinner and the color paler, so can
exposure caused hardening to reach the base. For the purpose of this
testing, it is preferable to have a thicker and darker emulsion (emulsion
used in a loose sense here) because then with limited exposure, the one
exposed from the back would still give image but not the one from the front
if hardening is from top to bottom, or the other way around if hardening is
from the top.

I myself feel that hardening is from top. I think the reversal of tone can
be explained by other physical property, but that is separate subject.

Dave S