Re: Gum hardening: top down experiment

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 04/15/06-04:25:32 AM Z

On Apr 14, 2006, at 10:24 AM, Dave Soemarko wrote:

> I myself feel that hardening is from top. I think the reversal of
> tone can
> be explained by other physical property, but that is separate subject.

Well, no, it's not a separate subject if it provides an explanation
that would allow me to stop thinking of tonal reversal as an
observation that requires some hardening at the bottom from the
beginning; if it could be satisfactorily explained by something else,
I could be more comfortable accepting top down theory as a complete
explanation for gum hardening. So, what's the other physical
property that you think explains tonal reversal?
Katharine