''The times, they are a changing.''(Bob Dylan)

From: John Grocott ^lt;john.grocott403@ntlworld.com>
Date: 04/16/06-05:13:20 AM Z

Eavesdropping, again, I noticed the posting from Sandy King to Peter Marshall on the List, and I would like to reinforce this sentiment, wholeheartedly.From the point of view mainly of a viewer, and possibly a patron that, personally, I admire the results of all types of art based image making whether it be photographic or whatever and respect the time and effort which has been put into the process involved by the originator of the work.Since the discovery and development of photo processes there has been a greater appreciation and increased tolerance of the ability of the individual artist by making their work available to a global audience.
The Royal Academy of Arts in London has opened its doors, at last, to an increased influx of photo/ camera based work, especially in the printmaking section. I think this is partly because of the catalyst of the digital ''revolution''. We shall probably see many more gum prints, oil transfer prints, bromoil prints etc., etc., in this coming Summer Show.
                Best wishes to all who are contributing to this truely democratic List and Good Luck to your theories and practices.
John Grocott- Photographist - London
SKYPE(videa) name CARBONS999
Sandy King was overheard writing,
 ''I want to congratulate you for this excellent discussion on the different qualities of processes. Sometimes in our discussions it gets lost that all of use have different goals and that some
processes work better than others to those ends.''