RE: some of my gum prints online...

From: Carmen Lizardo ^lt;carmenlizardo@yahoo.com>
Date: 04/16/06-08:05:47 AM Z

Dear Don and Rajul, thank you so much for your
interest in my work and your words of encouragement, I
have been doing self-portraiture for what it seems a
very long time. This last gum prints are from
pictures taken in the Dominican Republic last summer
and the kallis are from are from last year. Through
this work I am trying to deal with my cognitions on
race, myth, and identity as it relates to the
migration of culture and cultural adaptation. But, I
also hope that directly or indirectly my work serves
to explore a reality that goes beyond race. I dont
intend to make work that is solely about being a
Latin Woman as this will be an intrinsic quality in
it. I strive to create art that defines the experience
of isolation and integration on a more universal
level. All of these images are individual pieces for
video work (still animations and digital video
capture) that I am planning to make this summer.

Thank you so much for asking about my work.

Carmen