RE: Back-exposing on plastic (was: Re: Gum transfer

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 04/17/06-03:31:58 PM Z

Dave,

I am not sure what people are trying, so here are the carbon transfer examples.

Single transfer carbon -- The exposure is from the top of the carbon
tissue. The exposed tissue is then mated in cold water with a final
support, squeegeed together, left together under pressure for 20-30
minutes, and then developed in hot water. This is clearly not going
to work with gum.

Double transfer carbon -- The exposure is again made from the top of
the carbon tissue, but after exposure the tissue is mated in water
with a final plastic support in cold water, the sandwich is left
together under pressure, and then the image is developed on the
plastic in warm water. After it dries, it is then transferred to a
paper support as I detailed in a previous message. This transfer
procedure may work for gum, since the carbon image on plastic and the
gum image exposed from the bottom are similar to the extent that the
hardened shadow densities are on the bottom.

Sandy