RE: Daguerreotypes and Tintypes

From: Kerik ^lt;kerik@kerik.com>
Date: 04/18/06-12:16:55 AM Z

Can't help with dags, but I've been doing wet plate collodion (ambrotypes
and tintypes) for almost 2 years. I suggest you check out the forum on
www.collodion.com. This site is owned by Quinn Jacobson, a talented
contemporary wet plate artist. He is currently working on a wet plate manual
and DVD that will be coming out in the next couple of months. I'm sure it
will be first rate. I would wait for the manual and DVD if you want to try
wet plate on your own. Lots of good info is exchanged and problems solved on
that board. Quinn has also started a company to provide chemistry kits and
other supplies for collodion work. www.altphotosource.com.

You can see some of my wetplate work here:

www.kerik.com/collodion.htm

Kerik Kouklis