Daguerreotypes and Tintypes

From: Ehud Yaniv ^lt;eyaniv@telus.net>
Date: 04/17/06-11:04:22 PM Z

Hi all,

I lost the message from the gentleman who is doing Daguerreotypes but it got
me thinking.

I will preface my request by stating that I understand that the process is
difficult and can be dangerous and that it should not be attempted without
instruction by a practitioner. That said, however, are there any
contemporary and easy to find books that detail the process with enough
details that one could do the process? The same question goes regarding
Tintypes.

I am asking this now as the topic came up (which it rarely does).

Thanks in advance and back to lurking.

Ehud