Re: Back-exposing on plastic

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 04/18/06-05:35:36 AM Z

Katharine,

Dave's response was based only on the single transfer method of
making carbon prints and was misleading. There are two common ways to
make carbon transfer prints, single transfer and the double transfer.
Double transfer carbon on paper would be mechanically analogous to
exposing a gum print from the rear and then transferring the image to
paper (if it can be done.)

The correct procedure to attempt for the gum transfer would be, 1)
expose the gum print from the back, and when dry, 2) attempt to
transfer it to paper.

Sandy