RE: Daguerreotypes and Tintypes

From: Christopher Lovenguth ^lt;chris@chrisportfolio.com>
Date: 04/18/06-10:58:37 AM Z

Hello everyone,

For daguerreotypes I always say it's dangerous, but if doing the Becquerel
process, which I do, common sense and profound respect for the chemicals in
question is all that is needed. I learned on my own, it's taken roughly four
years of work and I still can't buff worth anything and still go out with
two plates ready and one will come out and one won't, etc (which is
frustration to no end especially when you have deadlines for an exhibition).
I wrote a how-to article for the Nov/Dec 2004 issue of View Camera if you
can find it anywhere. I learned from Charlie Schreiner and his website:
http://www.newdags.com

Good luck and don't let the process intimidate you (and be ready to
frustration and to pay a lot for plates for as long as you do them).

Ciao

Christopher
http://www.christopherlovenguth.com