RE: Daguerreotypes and Tintypes

From: Robert W. Schramm ^lt;schrammrus@hotmail.com>
Date: 04/18/06-06:28:29 PM Z

Joe,

You are correct. The original tintype process used a collodian (sp$) made of
celulose nitrate disolved in ethyl either and ethyl alcohol and they did use
potassium cyanide in processing the exposed plate.
I was thinking of the modern approach which looks about the same.

Bob

Check out my web page at:

  http://www.SchrammStudio.com