RE: Toning the Cyantoype

From: Loris Medici ^lt;mail@loris.medici.name>
Date: 04/20/06-07:48:06 AM Z

I think the key is clearing the print. Since your wash water is
alkaline, it's for sure unsoluble iron remains in the paper. Probably
this remaining iron is causing the staining when toning (this is about
staining in the image area of course - if you get staining in non-coated
areas then it's due to something else). I also use COT 320 and the
staining in non-coated areas is not perceivable unless you compare it to
plain non-coated / non-processed paper. The paper becomes a little bit
more warm (but is still white).

Regards,
Loris.