Re: Toning the Cyantoype

From: David & Jan Harris ^lt;david.j.harris2@ntlworld.com>
Date: 04/20/06-07:23:49 AM Z

MessageLoris

With traditional cyanotype I have not tried clearing in citric acid.
I have tried Fabriano 5, COT-320 and Buxton with similar results.
Bleaching with sodium carbonate (or even tap water! Its pretty alkaline here)
My tannic acid concentration is 1 teaspoon per litre.
Typical toning time is around 2 mins - 5 mins.

Perhaps the tannic acid is the key.

David