Re: Cyanotype toning and lead acetate.

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@montana.net>
Date: 04/22/06-07:28:36 AM Z

Id say: try to ph-buffer it. I mean nothing else than as a last step wash
the print in a strong solution of the (crystaline, not vaporous!) stuff that
gave the print its color with an atagonist adjusted to the desired ph. Then
the excess mass of the buffering agents will buffer the influence of other
involved compounds. And no, Im not maniac about ph but cyanotypes are so
ph-senisitive that they could be used as sensor stripes.
Cordically Kai Hamann

Sensor stripes-LOL.
Kai, what substance can you use to keep a cyanotype in a permanently
buffered state, and is permanently buffering better or worse than a neutral
or acid state for the archivalness of the print?

I ask, because I loved the lavender that the Future Floor Polish produced
and wished it would have remained.
Chris