RE: Potassium Oxalate developer for Platinum printing

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@CLEMSON.EDU>
Date: 04/25/06-09:13:53 AM Z

I print in kallitype and Pt./Pd. with both potassium oxalate and
sodium citrate developers. To keep either developer working well I
recommend.

1. Always mix with distilled water.

2. Replenish at the rate of a minimum of about 50 ml of fresh
solution for every 8X10 print that goes through the solution.

3. Check the pH frequently to make sure it stays acidic. If the
solution becomes base add oxalic acid (to potassium oxalate) or
citric acid (to sodium citrate) to return the solution to acidic
condition.

If you do the above the developer should last a very long time.

Sandy