Re: Off-Topic, New Orleans Images

From: Ender100@aol.com
Date: 04/25/06-04:10:12 PM Z

Gerry,

Please do not take what I am about to say as a personal criticism—it is not
intended to be so.

I have a different suggestion—rather than asking Gord or the list minders to
intervene and make a proclamation and possibly adding some more rules, or even
wasting their time, let's act like members of a community that can function
with self-restraint, including avoiding any personalized comments and name
calling, and have a congenial and possibly enlightening discussion regarding the
ethical issues you raised, the issues Chris Anderson raised, the artistic value
of the work and the technical/alt photo aspects of the work.

While this is certainly primarily an alt photo list, I think we have as a
group generally accepted in the past the discussion of photography/art as
topics which can be explored by the group.

Anyone that is not interested in such a discussion can just use their delete
key. Does anyone see any potential harm to the community this approach might
cause? The subject line is posted as "off topic" as a forewarning to anyone
who might stumble into the posts.

Best Wishes,
Mark Nelson
Precision Digital Negatives--The Book