Re: Digital Negs with Dye Sublimation

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 04/25/06-08:13:09 PM Z

Some years back, I had a dye-sub printer. It was long enough ago
that I don't remember the reason(s) why I didn't find it satisfactory
for negatives, but at that time I found that I got better digital
negatives for gum printing from a laser printer (using stochastic
bitmap files) rather than from the dye-sub printer. (This was of
course in the days before inkjet printers got good enough to make
decent digital negatives).
Katharine