Re: Antifoam agent

From: RHobbs3@aol.com
Date: 04/25/06-08:50:16 PM Z

My high school students tend to aggressively over-agitate film developer,
raising a foam that actually shows up as bubbles on the processed film. (Lots of
energy, young people.) I got a gallon of 10% polydimethylsiloxane from
Clearco. They sell it as a food-grade defoamer. I add 5ml per liter of developer.
It gives a slightly milky appearance to the developer but does not seem to
affect developer performance EXCEPT no more bubbles.

Rob