RE: POT bromide shelf life

From: Loris Medici ^lt;mail@loris.medici.name>
Date: 04/27/06-04:16:18 AM Z

I will get potassium carbonate (for mixing Pyrocat-HD myself) and just
learned that it's highly hygroscopic. Melting point is around 800-900C
(no boiling -> directly decomposes). May I assume that it is safe to put
a small amount of potassium carbonate in the microwave owen (in a
porcelain vessel) and cook it lets say... 10 minutes - in order to get
rid of moisture, to have correct weight measurements? Just asking; does
it makes sense to you? Same question for KBr too...

TIA,
Loris.