Re: Proposition: Upgrade APP to an Online Community

From: Phillip Murphy ^lt;pmurf@bellsouth.net>
Date: 04/27/06-05:19:55 AM Z

*laughs*

The community that has gathered here and the opinions expressed
over the years are priceless. Gordon, the format of the list, IMO, is
perfect for an "Alternative".

" I am sick and tired of the politics." -Dave Rose in Wyoming

Photography and politics have traveled hand in hand every since
Arago announced the discovery of Daguerreotype and the French
government gave it to the world (well... except for England).
The Alt list often has the feel of the early Photographic and Scientific
journals where strong opinions would abound. I love it.

This list has weathered more than a few storms and perhaps an
"expert" or two has gone overboard at times. (hi guys)
There are other lists out there that many on board participate in;
as Gordon says, feel free to create one. If the community you find
here and the format is not to your liking, you're always free to
click to a new channel.

Keep up the great work Gordon! And that goes for the list-minders
as well.

all the best,

Phillip