Re: Back-exposing on plastic (was: Re: Gum transfer

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 04/28/06-07:40:31 AM Z

Then I guess we're all in agreement, as long as Yves isn't claiming
that the curve can transcend the nature of the gum emulsion, but only
that a curve can urge a particular emulsion to its full potential,
whatever that is. Before, it sounded like he was claiming everything
for the curve, that simply by adjusting the curve, I would be able to
make that too-contrasty (because too-pigmented or not dichromated
enough or perhaps both) back-exposed emulsion print a tonal scale
like carbon. If he's not claiming that, then like I say, we're
probably all in agreement.
Katharine