Brush development of palladium prints. RE: Potassium Oxalate developer for Platinum printing

From: Don Bryant ^lt;dstevenbryant@mindspring.com>
Date: 04/29/06-05:34:41 PM Z

Hi Cor,

I did try brush development with glycerol: PotOx 1:1, but I wasn't very
successful with that, got a lot of developer lines, will brush
development also work with FO, I have only read about it connection with
AFO.

I've been brush developing palladium prints today and I just thought I would
comment that I'm not getting any developer lines. I mix virgin 10 ml of very
warm PO with room temperature glycerin. Pour it onto the edge of the paper
and brush out very quickly. I do see some initial brush marks but those
dissipate quickly after brushing for a minute or two.

I've brush developed pure platinum prints also and never have gotten
permanent brush marks. I think the key for no brush marks is to have a
generous amount of glycerol/potassium oxalate. So for an 8x10 I'm using a
total of 20ml. I do make sure the PO and glycerin are well mixed.

Don Bryant