Re: Off-Topic, New Orleans Images

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 04/29/06-06:16:34 PM Z

Sorry about that empty message; I'm not sure how I did that. But I
did mean to say something about this, and here it is below:

On Apr 29, 2006, at 4:40 PM, Sandy King wrote:

> Because in the end what is going on in New Orleans, the Gulf Coast
> and Iraq is a lot more important than alt photography.

But no matter how important it is, it is NOT alt photography. Tom is
right; this list is for alt photographers regardless of their
political persuasiion or country of origin, and it is disruptive to
the list and disrespectful to individuals of different political
viewpoints or extra-American geography to carry on discussions of US
politics here. Imagine how baffled US participants would be if David
and Loris suddenly started having an argument about Turkish politics
on this public list. See, it's hard to imagine them doing this, which
is my point.

But on reflection, perhaps Liam is right; I might find a discussion
of Turkish politics interesting. But not US politics, because
feelings on all sides are so intense that I don't think it's a good
idea to air them here.
Katharine