Re: Off-Topic, New Orleans Images

From: Phillip Murphy ^lt;pmurf@bellsouth.net>
Date: 04/29/06-08:17:43 PM Z

It is very simple. When a message is sent with "Off-Topic" in the
subject line,
one knows in advance of opening the message that it does not relate to Alt
photography; delete messages with "Off-Topic" in the subject line or
have your
email client filter them into your junk mail folder. This is an easy
thing to do and
you needn't be bothered with subjects that don't appeal to you.

I have no doubt that there are more than a few alt-photographers effected
in New Orleans; and I'm of the opinion that the disaster from Katrina
and the
root of it's cause has everything to do with the present Administration
of the
US government and it's like-minded reich-wing supporters over the previous
administrations. Don't kid yourself.

One hundred years ago, when San Francisco lay in ruins, the British
Journal of
Photography not only reported the disaster but called upon all of its
subscribers to help their fellow photographers in that great City with
donations.
Are alt-photographers so above the fray that it would be so
"off-topic" to discuss a catastrophe that has had such a global effect ?

-Phillip