Tree exhibition at Fermilab

From: Keith Gerling ^lt;Keith@GumPhoto.com>
Date: 04/30/06-11:49:00 AM Z

Hi List,

Twenty-one of my gum photographs are on display now at Fermilab in Batavia,
Illinois. The exhibition is devoted to trees and I share the gallery with
Miles Lowery who works in silver gelatin. Of my works on display, fifteen
are new and they are on 36 inch aluminum sheets. My new works can be seen
here: www.gumphoto.com/fermilab/index.htm

Some older tree shots in the show are here:
http://www.gumphoto.com/trees/index.htm

Miles Lowery's work is here:
http://www.uark.edu/misc/ents/galleries/lowry/miles_lowry.htm

Fermilab is the Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, and it is a
fascinating place sprawling over 10 square miles of prairie grass. The four
mile long Tevatron located there is the only place where the massive Top
Quark can be produced. In 1995 the discovery of the Top quark made
significant progress towards demonstrating the usefulness of the Standard
Model of particle physics. Plenty of other interesting stuff goes on there
as well.

The gallery is open to the public (in Wilson hall, seen here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermilab) and there will be an Artist's
Reception to be held from 5:00-7:00 PM on Friday, May 5th with the usual
wine and cheese. If your tastes aren't in the area of tarpaper and aluminum
gum prints or high-energy physics, you might still consider dropping by to
see the bison herd. Ten new calves were recently born, and they are darn
cute!

Thanks

Keith