RE: Gum Curves, new topic please????

From: Nigel Betternueue ^lt;nigel_betternu@yahoo.com>
Date: 04/30/06-12:08:44 PM Z

There is no need to get one's knickers in a twist and
worry needlessly over complicated curves and whatnot.
It is really quite simple when you are me.

I find that a gum print should contain all tones from
the darkest to the lightest with smooth gradation
between. One only has to look at DeMachy's prints in
person to convince one's self that superior working
methods are really the only solution to producing
superlative work of the caliber produced by the old
masters. Really, we make this entirely too
complicated.

I find that if I just make a print, I am generally
satisified with the result. During our re-invention
project, we deconstructed the entire gum process by
going back to first principles - and have decided to
name the resulting method "Gum Wrecks". The results,
while not good or even desireable to most workers,
speak for themselves.

I am sure it will be evident to even the marginally
intelligent worker from this post exactly the process
I use to achieve the results that I am willing to
accept. Teleologic fallacy you say? Bah.

My motto is to just be satisfied with results one
gets, and be done with it.

Nigel