Re: Since the list is so quiet....

From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs_at_silvergrain.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 01:14:40 -0400 (EDT)

From: Sandy King <sanking@clemson.edu>
Subject: Re: Since the list is so quiet....
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 00:57:29 -0400

> My suggestion is junk the old rotary phone.

Don't junk it. If it's a classic phone, I want it (So do many).

Like old cameras, old telephone sets are fixable and it should keep
working to the day no one remembers the day when telephone was
wired to the wall, and all the way to the person you are calling. Of
course, I may have to decode dial pulses and re-encode in DTMF, or
even to make a device to interface to a cell phone or computer for
skype.