Re: Dag Questions

From: Bradley Lewis <bal101_at_psu.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 23:27:34 -0400

WOW, thanks for all the info. You guys have really answered my questions!

 From everything I'm hearing, I think I have to go the mercury
development route. I am thinking of having an iron box welded together
for the development. Of course, if I do use mercury development, I'll
also have to sensitize with bromine, which creeps me out almost as much
as the mercury.

It also seems pretty consistent that the plates need to be around 0.3 to
0.5 mils. I had no idea that I shouldn't use an electroplating solution
with brighteners. I had been saving up some used solution that I was
planning on refreshing and using at home, but it has brighteners, so
I'll probably just make up a cyanide plating solution.

Just how much frustration should I be expecting?

BTW-Jonathan, I checked out your page a few months ago, but you've added
some new dags in your gallery. I really LOVE your dag of the Eiffel
Tower!!! "How did he hold the camera still enough to take a dag?
AAAhhhhhhhhhh!!!!" Nice!

Thanks everyone for your help. Have a fantastic weekend!

Brad