RE: palladium bleeding still

From: Don Bryant <dsbryant_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 01:58:05 -0400

Chris,

Dick Arentz mentions this phenomena in his 'Platinum & Palladium Printing'
book, - 2nd edition (p. 107).

I can also tell you that it occurs with kallitypes and VDBs in case you did
not know.

I've been printing a lot of Cot 320 for the last few weeks and it occurs
with that paper also, but not to the degree I've seen it happen with other
papers using plt/pld.

You can quickly get a build up of reduced metal in your developer which
helps contribute to the problem, IMO. One way to solve this without dumping
your developer is to let the developer sit for several hours and then decant
the clear developer leaving the residue at the bottom of the coantainer
which you can dispose of. But it also happens with fresh developer.

Just be aware that Cot 320 has a severe dry down, but that shouldn't be a
problem with digital negatives.

My worthless 2 cents,

Don Bryant