Re: Japanese Printing.

From: Katharine Thayer <kthayer_at_pacifier.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 09:01:19 -0700

That's interesting, and I'll just chime in to say that I spent a lot
of time looking at the Helen Frankenthaler woodblock prints when they
were nearby a couple of years ago, for the same reasons. My
interest in these prints is related more to the cliche-verre part of
my work than the photographic portion, but some of the issues are
similar for gum printing in general, especially for multiple
printing with different colors (some of her prints have more than 100
different color printings associated with them).
Katharine