Japanese Printing.

From: John C. <johnjohnc_at_core.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 11:14:07 -0400

        In the past few months I have been experimenting with woodblock
cutting. In the research I have seen a great deal of detailed information
on Japanese Woodblock printing. These guys are the hands down masters at
multiple color woodblock printing.... They have been at it for hundreds and
hundreds of years. They have developed it to the point where they have
artist that specialize in only one aspect of the art , such as the actual
printing, ect....
       They face many of the same issues and as a alt photographer in
selections and making of papers , inks, sizing , color choices and
combinations, making of papers, intensity of printing, relief possibilities
. I found it quite fascinating and some techniques and procedures can
be applied to various alt processes, ..
John Cremati