Re: daguerreotype plate polishing tip

From: Jonathan Danforth <jonathan_at_danforthsource.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 17:53:06 -0400

You'd probably be better to use a bench grinder adapted with some
tapered spindles. Get a decent Craftsman bench grinder instead of the
knock-off bargain brands and shoot for 3000+ RPM with 3/4 horsepower
minimum. Make sure that it's 3/4 REALY horsepower at the spindle and
not 3/4 HP unencumbered.

I'd love to see a drawing of your developing chamber. Are you following
the tried-and-true inverted pyramid design?

-Jonathan

--
http://photographs.danforthsource.com