Re: daguerreotype plate polishing tip

From: Bradley Lewis <bal101_at_psu.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 02:45:29 -0400

Hey Jonathan,

FANTASTIC job on the Instructables website. It's beautiful. Now I
think I want to try Daguerreotypes ten times more than I did before
8-) The shots of the in-process Dags are amazing. Thank you for
taking the time to put up the site.

I'm still debating between an orbital polisher and a bench grinder. Or
something else. I'll have to compare my options. And yeah, I am going
for the inverted pyramid design, much like the one on centurydarkroom's
website, though it won't be quite as nice looking. I'm being pretty
paranoid about the mercury, so I'm trying to make it as air tight as
possible.

I'll let you know how it works out when I get it done.

Thanks for all the encouragement!

Brad