Re: Sorry to ask again but...

From: Jack Fulton <jefulton1_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 09:19:50 -0700

As Matt writes below, the Aztek folks do handle the Kami fluid.
However you will be required to pay a hazardous shipping fee if you
order it.
Also, if you use the 4990, one should seal the edges of the platen so
the fluid will not leak into the traveling light area. Yes, it dries
quickly, or evaporates, but still, one does not want that fluid
entering the interior of the device.
You will obtain a good scan by placing it directly on the glass. One
could also purchase some ultra- thin glass or even place a layer of
clear mylar between the negative and the platen and then put a sheet
of glass on that.
        All the information you need, along with videos, is at the Aztek web
site. This includes how/where to get the stuff and even the special
mylar.
http://www.aztek.com/Products/KAMI%20MF.htm
Jack Fulton