RE: Sorry to ask again but...

From: Don Bryant <dsbryant_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 12:28:08 -0400

Matt,

At the risk of sounding pedantic, wet mounting directly on the scanner
platen is not a good practice and is best to be avoided.

The optimum height of the film plane above the plane of the glass platen has
been shown to be variable. The correct or optimum height varies from model
to model and scanner to scanner of the same model.

ANG is desirable for users that don't wish to wet mount their film and it
certainly can't be bad for those that do. Good quality float glass should
work fine for wet mounting though. As always YMMMV.