Re: Coating prints with polyurethane wood finish

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 02/03/06-01:13:12 AM Z

Ok, a non-yellowing varnish is used for inkjet prints to increase
permanence. And this material costs $50 per liter. It says a lot of
stuff but doesn't say archival for their intended application. It says
non-yellowing, non-cracking, moisture resistant, etc., "according to
the company officials." I also couldn't find a third party test
results on this product.

Does anyone use this Breathing Color Varnish?
Does it leave glossy or wet-like appearance when the varnish is dried?

Besides Loris, does anyone seriously use this sort of varnish to
enhance Dmax or protect image?

(I'm debating whether I should try this stuff and run a peroxide
fuming test.)