Re: postcards (off topic)

From: Michael Healy ^lt;emjayhealy@earthlink.net>
Date: 02/15/06-07:46:04 AM Z

I agree about MP. When I did one several months ago for my girlfriend, I used them. I
did the camera-ready work myself, using a scan of my own 4x5 transparency. It worked
really well.

I also looked into one of those "rock-bottom price" houses. We were short of cash, and
needed to cut any corner we could. Several artist friends do use one of these printers,
and they swear by them. However, the cards they showed me were noticably mediocre. I
You probably will discover a direct correlation between rock-bottom price and rock-
bottom quality. That may make no difference if it's a quicky for a Xmas sale you're doing;
but if this is going to be your calling card, so to speak, and the visual image you want
people to notice and remember you by, I wouldn't recommend that route. The difference
is liable to be pretty noticable.

If you want additional tips on how to work the postcard through the process, let me
know.

Mike